The Research Directorate, in which this posts is based, plays a key role in providing information for MPs and their staff in order to help them with the better performance of their parliamentary and constituency based duties. The role involves the provision of accurate, impartial, clear, fit-for-purpose responses, orally and in writing, to requests for information and analysis from Members of Parliament and their staff. Research Analysts are also expected to prepare briefings and talks on legislation and topical issues in response to, or in anticipation of, Members’ needs.
This post is a generalist post in one of the following sections:
· Business and Transport Section (BTS)
· Home Affairs (HAS)
· Social and General Statistics (SGS)
· Social Policy Section (SPS)
· Science and Environment (SES)
· Parliament and Constitution Center (PCC)
· International Affairs and Defence (IADS)
· Econonomic Policy and Statistics (EPAS)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Ability to collate complex, technical material, and to analyse, interpret, and present it clearly.
- An ability to convey complex information clearly, accurately, impartially and adapted to the user's needs.
- That you are a team player, willing to contribute to own and others’ workloads and to work co-operatively with others across the organisation.
Closing date: Midnight 19/07/2015
Full details of how to apply on JobOnline