Have you missed this visa option for temporary work in the UK?

Posted by Sue Moseley on 29 May 2015
Find me on:

Earth with arrow around it Image courtesy of Freedigitalimages.net by cuteimage


If you are an International student seeking temporary work in the UK you may not be aware of the 'Tier 5' visa option. Here's some useful basic information:

You can apply for a Tier 5 Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange visa if you:

How do I find a sponsor? There are a range of organisations which are government authorised to support you with sponsorship. Some of these are country specific (see here for an example for Chinese nationals), others are specific to particular activities or industries. Click here for one example of an authorised provider which is open to applications from a range of countries and sectors.

Full details of the Tier 5 visa scheme are available from the UK Government website at www.gov.uk/tier-5-government-authorised-exchange/overview This link also will take you to a list of authorised exchange providers.

Please note, that as with any visa information, it is important to get advice and support which is relevant to your individual circumstances. The content of this post is for general information and is correct as at 27th May 2015.


Topics: employability skills, International Students

Subscribe to Email Updates


A blog written by experts

If you’re looking for information to start or progress your career then you’ve come to the right place. The Careers Group blogs are written by experts with a mission to help you develop your expertise or start on the right path. with tips, advice, techniques and resources you need.

Subscribe to this blog and you'll receive:

  • Top tips
  • Expert advice
  • Effective techniques
  • World-class resources

Recent Posts