What's the difference between in-house and agency marketing? Do you have to be technical to work in digital? Are there advertising jobs available outside London? These questions and many more were put to marketing and advertising professionals during our panel webinars this week.
If you missed these webinars, listen again via YouTube!:
Graduate Careers in Marketing: A Panel Discussion:
Graduate Careers in Advertising: A Panel Discussion:
Some further marketing questions included:
- Is there much opportunity to be creative?
- What do marketing employers look for in entry-level recruits?
- How can I confirm which area of marketing ir right for me?
- Do I need a degree in marketing?
- What's the best and worst thing about working in marketing?
- Do you get much of a work/life balance?
And questions put to the advertising panel:
- Which key skills and traits will I need to succeed in advertising?
- What's the different between an account handler and an account planner?
- I've started a blog. What topics should I blog about?
- Should I talk about the work I have done with societies in my applications for advertising firms?
- What's the best way into advertising when you have no prior experience?
- Which qualifications impress advertising employers?
- What's the best and worst thing about working in advertising?
For more videos, webinars and interviews, take a look at The Careers Group's YouTube page.